Keep an eye on this page! I’ll keep posting links to some really awesome stuff!
Disclaimer: No, I’m not compensated for or affiliated with any of these sites. These are just things I’ve found that I rave about.
- No Meat Athlete gear – My go-to race outfits! I get comments and hellos from fellow runners at every single race. Also, it’s really fun when spectators yell “no meat!” at you.
- Skirt Sports – I bought a few of their running skirts (including the Gotta Go kickstarter skirt that started as an April Fool’s joke and turned out to be amazing) and now I can’t stand to wear anything else. So comfortable. So cute. Need more!
- RunPrettyFar – Super cute runner clothing. Also miscellaneous things like runner mugs, trail scarves, and gaiters (update: looks like they don’t have these anymore?). I may have gotten a little carried away with my shopping cart on here.
- Kahtoola MICROspikes – Amazing for running on icy trails
- Make your own screw shoes – Want to run on icy trails, but don’t like microspikes? Here’s a how-to for DIY screw shoes, by my fabulous friend, Heidi
- TofuXpress Tofu Press – It’s not running gear, but it’s gear nonetheless. The BEST tofu press I have ever found. Hands down. I’ve tried others and always gone back to this one. Read my (very old) review here.
- Ultimate Direction Jenny Ultra Vesta hydration pack – A fantastic, comfortable, bounce-free, lightweight hydration pack that can hold a heck of a lot more than you think.
- Ultimate Direction Wink hydration pack – Slightly larger than the Jenny (see above), and just as fantastic.
- Garmin Fenix 3 GPS watch – Excellent multisport GPS with tons of functions and extra capabilities. Easy to operate and program things like interval workouts. Bulky, but I still use it as my every day watch on my small wrist and love it. Plus, the tan lines are bitchin’. Check out DC Rainmaker’s review here.
- Yurbuds headphones – The only in-ear headphones that I can wear. Every other pair falls out or gets uncomfortable. These do neither. They stay put (even through long, sweaty, bumpy trail runs), and are super comfortable.
- Columbia Turbodown OnmiHeat Jacket – Best. Jacket. Ever. Hands down. Crazy warm and packs tiny. I originally got this just for running, but it’s become my every day winter jacket, and is warmer than my bulky ski jacket.
- Ultimate Direction Women’s Ultra Jacket – Amazingly light, and amazingly waterproof.
- Roll Recovery R8 Massager – A painful heaven on Earth. I had been eyeballing this in the store for a while, but never got it. They had one in the aid tent at a 24 hour race I did in 2015 and I was SOLD. That thing is pure magic. I bought one the minute I got home. It hurts like a bitch, but it feels oh soooooo gooooooood.
- Trail Toes – I put gobs of this stuff on my feet before long runs. Awesome blister prevention.
- No Meat Athlete – Matt Frazier has built an incredible resource for vegetarian, vegan, and veg-curious athletes everywhere
- Oh She Glows – Angela Liddon creates amazing vegan, and often gluten-free meals
- Heidi Kumm – My awesome friend, Heidi, is an incredible runner, and an entertaining read
- JustAColoradoGal – My other awesome friend, Heather, has amazing adventures, and is also a knowledgeable gear nut.
- The Post Punk Kitchen – Isa Chandra Moskowitz is a genius vegan chef
Cookbooks (What’s actually on my shelf)
- America’s Test Kitchen Vegetarian Cookbook – Our go-to book. Every single thing we’ve made out of here has been delicious.
- Veganomicon (AKA: The Vegan Bible) – Isa Chandra Moskowitz
- Vegan with a Vengeance – Isa Chandra Moskowitz
- The Oh She Glows Cookbook – Angela Liddon
- Vegan Yum Yum – Lauren Ulm
- Sticky Fingers’ Sweets – Doron Petersan (includes the best vegan brownie recipe of all time)
- Chloe’s Kitchen – Chloe Coscarelli
- The Joy of Vegan Baking – Colleen Patrick-Goudreau
- The Vegan Table – Colleen Patrick-Goudreau
- Betty Goes Vegan – Annie and Dan Shannon
- The Best Veggie Burgers on the Planet – Joni Marie Newman